Subject: M31-A different look

Posted on: March 08 2008 @ 10:48 am
By: tricks46

Content:

The header on this section of the forum says "way out stuff". Well this is getting way out. There are two images to this this post.
First is M31 in grayscale with only minimal processing. If you know images then you know there are a hundred things wrong with this image. Bloated stars, focus, bad tracking and lots more. But for this short post it shows an M31 as an OK shot. A little more detail of the dust clouds that swirl in the center than a lot of imagers show but kind of normal. I have always thought that more is not always better and the next image shows what less exposure can do. Filters and short sharp exposures combined with software can show a different M31. I have worked on this for a couple of years off and on using new scopes and computer aids to update the information. This goes aginst the normal ideas of M31 so so far I have no support although this is the first time I have posted this set of finished layers. AlI can say is kids don't try this if you want your reputation to stay intact. Laughing Out Loud
Have a nice day!
Mike H.

Replies:

Re: M31-A different look

Posted on: March 11 2008 @ 12:36 am
By: LME

Content:

Wow! Eek! Thanks for sharing.

AOAS.ORG - Forum
http://www.aoas.org/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=1282