Subject: IC1805

Posted on: November 22 2008 @ 07:39 pm
By: tricks46

Content:

I was out Friday under the clear sky and as a final image I slew to no particular spot. Took 30 minutes of RGB and Ha. Not a lot but turned out colorfull. Used my ST10xmei and a 135mm nikon lense.Thanks, Mike H.

Replies:

Re: IC1805

Posted on: November 24 2008 @ 10:32 am
By: dgrosvold

Content:

HI Mike -

Interesting image. I like the color you've been able to bring out in this. What mount are you using these days? Also - you say you took 30 mins of RGB - how many individual frames and how much time per frame was that? Thanks!

Posted on: November 24 2008 @ 04:35 pm
By: tricks46

Content:

Hello Dave. The exposure times were 10x120 seconds for Ha and 3x120 seconds each for the RG&B. The nebula did not show up on any but the Ha so it makes a big difference. I wish I knew what I had so I could have increased the exposures and may expose more tonight if the skys hold out. This was done with the ST10xmei ccd attached to the Nikon135mm lense which has a bad star bloat problem. The new Astrodon filters with UV and IR block helped. All scopes and whatever setup I use is done with a Losmandy G11 mount. Wish I had a bigger one but there is something about money that always gets in the way.
Happy Holidays to you and all the members/visators!
Mike H..

Posted on: November 25 2008 @ 03:51 pm
By: dgrosvold

Content:

Thanks for the info, Mike.

I've always regarded the Losmandy G-11 as a fairly good mount, but of course it isn't in he same league as the MI-250, AP 1200, or Takahashi mounts, but like you say, there's a major gap between the price of the G-11 and those other mounts. Maybe someday when we retire, eh? Eek!

AOAS.ORG - Forum
http://www.aoas.org/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=1652