Subject: Daylight fireball

Posted on: April 09 2010 @ 09:09 pm
By: tricks46

Content:

I just saw a bright incoming something. In the backyard I turned to throw the dog a ball and directly north it came in. Looked to be moving E to W and was not big but very bright. Breaking into pieces as it came down it appeared to go over Uniontown but distance is not known. The time was about 6:50 our time or I think 07:50 but bright white with blue and red pieces coming off. Anyone else happen to see this daylight burner?
Mike H. Eek!

Replies:

Re: Daylight fireball

Posted on: April 10 2010 @ 08:27 am
By: lrjarhead

Content:

Frown This event was witnessed by many of the crowd at the Wells Lake Star Party - unfortunately I wasn't one of them, as I was facing 180 degrees away, talking to Chuck Larson at the time! Evil
Mike B.

Re: Daylight fireball

Posted on: April 10 2010 @ 12:38 pm
By: dgrosvold

Content:

It was an impressive fireball! I saw what I thought were bright green, yellow, and white components as i trailed across the sky from east to west above the northern horizon. It was farther north than Uniontown, though. Garrett Lewis said it was seen over NW Arkansas on 5 News At 10. At first I thought it was fairly small and close, but now I suspect it was much larger as it was seen over such a wide area.

It was the highlight of the show last night at the Nature Center Star Party!

AOAS.ORG - Forum
http://www.aoas.org/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=2254