Subject: Various Eyepieces I believe (Please take a look)

Posted on: November 06 2010 @ 04:01 pm
By: Grant

Content:

Hello everyone, my name is Grant and my mother (Sherry) had posted recently on the forum about some astronomy equipment she was selling after my step dad just passed away, I thought I might be able to more clearly list some of these eyepieces and such and if anyone is interested you can reply here or give me a call at 940-391-5706 and we can set up sometime to meet and you can check them out for yourself. I have looked up the new value to the few pieces I could find but I didn’t want to list a used value for them as I’m not quite sure what they might be worth to you. Prices are negotiable as long as it seems fair enough.

-The one that seems the most heavy duty and nice is a TELE VUE 12mm NAGLER, TYPE 2 and is a very solid eyepiece.
-We have a small TELE VUE 13mm PLoSSL Made in Japan and looks in good condition, bout an inch in length?
- A little bigger TELE VUE 21mm PLoSSL
-An Edmund Scientific Co., RKE 28mm
-CELESTRON 28mm ERFLE 1 ¼ Fully coated, It’s black and then silver and has plastic covers over each end so has been well kept.
-UNIVERSITY 2.8x KLEE BARLOW multi coated
-Little 12mm Pl 20x, not worth much so probably just throw it in with the others if you want.
-We found what we believe to be an eyepiece as well…however I see no markings. It’s an elbow kind of bend but unsure as to what it is.
-last a CELESTRON 90* Erect Image Diagonal 1-1/4” Model #94108 however it seems my step dad has screwed it into a little bigger lens on the end, however original eyepiece is obviously still intact and able to be taken off.

Let me know guys

Replies:

Re: Various Eyepieces I believe (Please take a look)

Posted on: November 08 2010 @ 07:51 am
By: bobmoody

Content:

Hello,

I'd be willing to help you find the right price to sell your eyepieces and such. I've been slow working directly with other members for a while, but I think I can help you out and get you the best prices you can expect for the equipment you have. You might want to go on to the Astronomics.com website and sign-up as a member of their CLOUDY NIGHTS classifieds, just for astronomers both buying and selling. there is also Astromart, but you pay a ONE_TIME fee and then it works similarly to the Cloudy Nights site.. This one costs NOTHING and I recommend doing this now as it will quickly give ideas for what you should expect from sale the equipment. I use both frequently.

Do you have a digital camera or phone to take pics for using in the ads you will want to list. I'd be very happy to help in any way I can.

Thanks
Bob

Re: Various Eyepieces I believe (Please take a look)

Posted on: November 08 2010 @ 11:40 pm
By: Grant

Content:

Yes, I can get a hold of a camera. I was hoping someone on this site might be interested, but what you suggest might be fine.

AOAS.ORG - Forum
http://www.aoas.org/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=2431