Subject: Janet Huckabee River Valley Nature Star Party

Posted on: March 06 2012 @ 05:09 pm
By: nspace01

Content:

AOAS is hosting a Star Party this Friday night at the Janet Huckabee River Valley Nature Center, at the Wells Lake entrance. We setup right beside the road and it would be difficult to MISS US!

This is the first public event at the Janet Huckabee River Valley Nature Center for 2012. Our members setup their personal telescopes usually about 30 minutes to an hour before sunset so we can see what we need to see for proper assembly and alignment of our optics.

We should have a great turn-out and I would like to encourage all AOAS Members to attend this and all other pubic events. Bring your scopes. The More The Merrier!!!

NOTE: These public star parties are canceled when weather doesn't cooperate for viewing. If we have any sky available, we usually try to hold the event. When the sky is completely covered with clouds, consider it an automatic cancellation.

Leonard

AKA nSpace

AOAS President

Replies:

Re: Janet Huckabee River Valley Nature Star Party

Posted on: March 09 2012 @ 11:18 am
By: bertburch

Content:

I plan to be there. I'll be driving down from Springdale and not familiar with the area. Can someone share a phone number that I could call in case I get lost?

Posted on: March 09 2012 @ 04:11 pm
By: nspace01

Content:

Hi, glad to have you...................

The best way to get to the Star Party location would be:

Follow I-540 south from I-40 to the Zero Street exit at Hwy 255.

Turn left on Hwy 255 and travel east aprox. 3 miles, and turn right on Massard Road.

Follow Massard Road south, aprox. 2 miles, and turn left on Wells Lake Road.

Follow Wells Lake Road aprox. 0.5 miles. Go past the Janet Huckabee Nature Center entrances and turn left at the entrance to Wells Lake.

We will be set up on the right of the entrance road parallel, to Wells Lake Road. Can't miss us.

I should get there around 6:00 pm. If you get lost, you can call me on my cell phone at 1-479-769-4347 (It is a Tracfone, you have to dial the "1-479"

Posted on: March 09 2012 @ 04:16 pm
By: dgrosvold

Content:

Sorry Guys -

I'm not going to be able to make it this time. Frown
Hope it all goes well.

Posted on: March 16 2012 @ 05:54 am
By: bertburch

Content:

I had a great time meeting everyone out at the park and look forward to the next. I'll be bringing my mobile observatory back with me on the 23rd and look forward to doing some imaging up here from NW Arkansas.

AOAS.ORG - Forum
http://www.aoas.org/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=2587