Subject: Comet/Mammoth Art

Posted on: February 04 2013 @ 07:27 pm
By: tricks46

Content:

Hello. I wasn't sure just where to post this because it doesn't really fit good anywhere but here goes.
Please be patient while I explain. A couple of years ago while in Alaska My wife and I came across an art dealer that had an amazing gallery and especially some sculptures from an artist named Eddie Lee. He uses all different kinds of things like soapstone, ivory(mammoth) and ancient Walrus bone and tusk.(all Legal).
Well I bought my first piece which was a mammoght carved out of an ancient mammoth tooth

After this I bought 4 more pieces of things such as Eagles and owles to add to my collection with each being as great and beautiful as the others.
Now to skip to the ending. About a year ago I had this nagging, stuck, continous idea that was, what would it look like if back in the time of the mammoth and ancient people one morning they arose to find a comet rising over a distant mountain. Imagine that - a comet!. Well for the best part of a year I sent that idea out to all corners of the world and I am not exatu-- - kidding! I gave up cause I didn't hear a thing. Then about one month ago I received an email from all the places, Skagway, Alaska the place where I first discovered and bought my first piece of Eddie Lee art. It basicly said that Mr. Lee was so taken with your idea that he started carving and that it was 85%done. 2 days ago I received this picture of the finished piece.
It is acient mammoth bone,tusk and a chrystal for the center of the comet. I tell all---I am just blown totally away for what this man I never met has done for me!! I hope you can appreciate this people because for an old comet imager from way back, this beats all!~
Mike H.

Replies:

Re: Comet/Mammoth Art

Posted on: February 08 2013 @ 06:04 pm
By: dgrosvold

Content:

Mike,

That is just absolutely phenomenal. I don't think I have enough superlatives to adequately express my surprise. You have a real treasure there. Mr. Eddie Lee is quite a man to do that for you. Just WOW!

You should be proud.

Posted on: February 09 2013 @ 10:20 pm
By: bobmoody

Content:

HERE, HERE! I second that statement....A rare treasure for a lifetime! Absolutely fantastic!!!!!

Posted on: February 23 2013 @ 10:00 am
By: lrjarhead

Content:

Awesome piece!! Great artist and great art!

Posted on: June 30 2013 @ 07:23 pm
By: tricks46

Content:

O! The spelling is terrible. Sorry.
Mike H.

AOAS.ORG - Forum
http://www.aoas.org/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=2711