Login
New User

Welcome to AOAS.ORG
Friday, March 29 2024 @ 09:15 am EDT

Forum Index > General > Club News New Topic Post Reply
 New website
 |  Printable Version
Anonymous: TexasJagsFan
 Thursday, January 17 2008 @ 11:30 am EST (Read 5583 times)  

I'm surprised no one has said anything yet. The new website looks great!

Keep up the good work Dave!

Chuck Larson
 Friday, January 18 2008 @ 11:39 am EST  
Forum Regular
Regular

Big Grin
Congratualations Dave! Another super job on developing our website. I love the new look. For myself, I find that the background certainly make the reading easier on these old eyes. The header on the website is a real attention grabber also. If this website is entered into to national competition, like the AOAS winner in the past, I would bet that this has a great shot at coming in first place. The talent that AOAS has in its membership is not fully realized by many of our members. This organization has a lot going for us that few other groups have. Hope that this becomes a reality as we continue to grow and develop new programs and implement AOAS's new ideas over the next couple of years.
Best wishes for helping us start off the New Year in a great fashion.
Chuck

Chuck Larson

Profile Email
nspace01
 Friday, January 18 2008 @ 03:45 pm EST  
Forum Sage
Sage

Laughing Out Loud DITTO, DITTO, DITTO Laughing Out Loud

nSpace01

Profile Email
dgrosvold
 Friday, January 18 2008 @ 04:42 pm EST  
Forum Admin
Admin

Thanks guys -

There's a lot of new things "under the hood" as well - I've added enhancements to the Forum, the Downloads section, the "My Account" screens, and a LOT of management enhancements no one will ever see, but they will help me do a better job of managing thing. One BIG enhancement I'm hoping everybody likes it the enhanced story and comment editor. You now have the ability to do WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) style editing. I'm hoping I can carry that over to the discussion forum soon as well.

We've also now got way better security than we did previously, so we won't see as much of the spam as we did before. It also means I will be able to get the Photo Gallery back - and it will be better that the previous one. This should allow us to upload video clips and sound files, as well as photos. You'll even be able to order custom prints of the photos if you want.

Incidentally, you can upload a larger user photo if you want - 128 x 128 instead of the older 96 x 96. Hope that helps.

Dave - Morrow, AR

Profile Email Website
remhill2003
 Saturday, January 19 2008 @ 08:59 pm EST  
Forum Junior
Junior

Hey,new site looks great! Super job Dave

Rick

Profile Email Website
bobmoody
 Wednesday, January 23 2008 @ 01:39 am EST  
Forum Sage
Sage

Big Grin Its my own fault for not posting to this site before now. I was lucky enough to see it a couple of times as David neared the release date. I'm so proud of this web site, and of David Grosvold, I just can't accurately describe how much I love this new look. I agree with Chuck that we should have a great chance at winning the next Web Master of the Year Award again this year. I'll be nominating Dave and our site for this very soon.

What can you say about perfection? I think this is as close to perfection as we'll have for quite some time to come. Please do not forget that Dave does this all on his own, and what he does is his gift to the club. Of the AOAS members who are among the most valuable, David C. Grosvold holds his head above all others. We are so fortunate to have him with us.

Bob Moody
President, AOAS
Caretaker and Director, Coleman Observatory

Bob Moody

Profile Email
kedi151
 Friday, January 25 2008 @ 12:23 am EST  
Forum Regular
Regular

Great Look Dave. This is my first time here this year and it definately jumps out at you. I haven't had a chance to check out the new functionality but past experience leads me to believe that will be great as well. I fully agree with the comments from Dr. Larson and Bob.

Kenny

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.08 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:15 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

User Functions

Lost your password?

What's New

STORIES

No new stories

COMMENTS last 2 days

No new comments

LINKS last 2 weeks

No recent new links

Want It ALL?

Become a card-carrying member of AOAS. Paying dues gives you several advantages over other registered users, including a subscription to the club newsletter, an AOAS.ORG e-mail address, use of club materials, including books and telescopes, and access to the Coleman Observatory facilities. On top of all that, you also qualify for a 20% discount on all books at any Books-A-Million location.

To get your membership application, click here.