Login
New User

Welcome to AOAS.ORG
Tuesday, April 23 2024 @ 05:53 am EDT

Forum Index > General > Club News New Topic Post Reply
 AOAS on "Exploring Arkansas"
 |  Printable Version
nspace01
 Monday, June 02 2008 @ 09:47 pm EDT (Read 2177 times)  
Forum Sage
Sage

I watched and recorded tonights episode of "Exploring Arkansas" on AETN. Our segment really turned out great. It is very informative and may spark new interest in AOAS.

I have it recorded and can transfer it to DVD if anyone would like a copy............(I think Bob was going to get a "Clean" copy from Chuck Dovish)

nSpace01

Profile Email
tricks46
 Tuesday, June 03 2008 @ 05:26 am EDT  
Forum Sage
Sage

You all did GREAT! I felt like it was so laid back and finished with a calming effect. I was sorry it only lasted as short a time as it did.
Mike H. Cool

Profile Email Website
bobmoody
 Wednesday, June 04 2008 @ 02:17 am EDT  
Forum Sage
Sage

It was a good show, wasn't it? I thought they did an absolutely fantastic job in the editing room and with weaving the images into the finished product. I only wish we had more of our own members images of all those great DSO's. It made me pretty much ashamed that I haven't dug in any deeper to make myself learn what I have to create my own DSO gallery. I have a few wide-field shots of constellations and a few individual shots I've tried on film through the lens or with CETUS, but its the CCD imaging that I need to learn to do.

They also put the show together in-line with my most fervent wishes that they make it geared towards what amateur astronomy is today, and how anyone can be an amateur astronomer. They did a good job of putting together our words to make it a real encouraging appeal for folks to just give it a try, and just maybe those who do will fall in love with it as we have. They did a GREAT JOB!

Oh, well.....everyone needs a little kick-in-the-butt sometimes to make themselves do what's needed. Maybe this was my wake-up call.

Bob

Bob Moody

Profile Email
nspace01
 Wednesday, June 04 2008 @ 04:08 pm EDT  
Forum Sage
Sage

Did we get a DVD copy of our portion of the show from AETN?

nSpace01

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.04 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:53 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

User Functions

Lost your password?

What's New

STORIES

No new stories

COMMENTS last 2 days

No new comments

LINKS last 2 weeks

No recent new links

Want It ALL?

Become a card-carrying member of AOAS. Paying dues gives you several advantages over other registered users, including a subscription to the club newsletter, an AOAS.ORG e-mail address, use of club materials, including books and telescopes, and access to the Coleman Observatory facilities. On top of all that, you also qualify for a 20% discount on all books at any Books-A-Million location.

To get your membership application, click here.