Login
New User

Welcome to AOAS.ORG
Friday, April 19 2024 @ 07:30 am EDT

Forum Index > Observing > Deep Sky New Topic Post Reply
 Deep Sky Night at Coleman Observatory July 26, '08
 |  Printable Version
dgrosvold
 Friday, July 25 2008 @ 04:39 pm EDT (Read 2944 times)  
Forum Admin
Admin

Last night was exceptionally clear at our place, with minimum sky glow. I didn't check the humidity, but it must have been fairly low as there was very little haze. Jupiter was big and bright, and the Milky Way stood out well from Sagittarius up through Cygnus. I just checked the National Weather Service and it appears that tomorrow night will be great for observing, if a little hot. I thinkl it will be a fine night for stargazing at Coleman. Hope y'all can make it! Big Grin

Dave - Morrow, AR

Profile Email Website
nspace01
 Saturday, July 26 2008 @ 02:09 am EDT  
Forum Sage
Sage

I'll be there............. Laughing Out Loud

nSpace01

Profile Email
LME
 Saturday, July 26 2008 @ 04:07 pm EDT  
Forum Sage
Sage

I'm bringing the family... I hope it's not too hot! Eek!

Clear Skies-Larry

Profile Email Website
bobmoody
 Saturday, July 26 2008 @ 05:16 pm EDT  
Forum Sage
Sage

I hope everyone can make it up tonight, too.
It WILL BE A SCORCHER, so whatever you can bring to keep cool, I'm sure you'll be glad you brought it.

Bob

Bob Moody

Profile Email
bobmoody
 Sunday, July 27 2008 @ 03:08 am EDT  
Forum Sage
Sage

B U M M E R, DUDE!

It looked like the clouds might just roll on out of the area for a little while around 9:30 or 10:00, but it actually clouded up and even started to rain for a little while just before midnight. Almost everyone had just started packing up about the same time the first drops started falling so it was a good time to head in anyway.

All we can do is hope for a better night NEXT Saturday night. That's our next scheduled observing event and don't forget that our first scheduled club meeting since May will be held at UA Fort Smith in the Math/Science bldg in room 211 at 7:00pm on Friday, August 1st. It would be nice to see a lot of members turn out for this meeting since we've had a two month break due to the June star party and the July holiday. Everyone try to come and visit with us at the Meeting next Friday night, and come observe with us Saturday night Aug 2nd.

Looking forward to seeing a big crowd.......
Bob

Bob Moody

Profile Email
LME
 Sunday, July 27 2008 @ 11:22 am EDT  
Forum Sage
Sage

Hey all,

I just wanted to let you that we had a great time regardless; it could’ve been a lot worse…

Dave and Leonard, it was really nice to finally meet you two and I’m looking forward to seeing you again.

Unfortunately, I'll be unable to attend the meeting on Aug. 1st. The family and I will be in Branson for the weekend.

Clear skies,
Larry

Clear Skies-Larry

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.08 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:30 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

User Functions

Lost your password?

What's New

STORIES

No new stories

COMMENTS last 2 days

No new comments

LINKS last 2 weeks

No recent new links

Want It ALL?

Become a card-carrying member of AOAS. Paying dues gives you several advantages over other registered users, including a subscription to the club newsletter, an AOAS.ORG e-mail address, use of club materials, including books and telescopes, and access to the Coleman Observatory facilities. On top of all that, you also qualify for a 20% discount on all books at any Books-A-Million location.

To get your membership application, click here.