Login
New User

Welcome to AOAS.ORG
Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 10:31 am EDT

Forum Index > Astro-Imaging > Digital Imaging New Topic Post Reply
 Unbeleivable low prices on Canon Digital SLR Cameras
 |  Printable Version
nspace01
 Saturday, August 30 2008 @ 04:35 pm EDT (Read 2179 times)  
Forum Sage
Sage

For anybody that may be thinking about buying a Digital SLR Camera, I found a website that has unbelievable low prices on the Canon XTI and the XSI bodies:

Canon XTI Body at $249.00:

http://soniccameras.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=757_1241&products_id=4123

Canon XSI Body at $299.00:

http://soniccameras.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=757_1241&products_id=4910

These are NEW, factory sealed boxes with the full 12 month USA warranty and includes a body cap, rechargable battery, charger, USB/video cables and PC Software.

I ordered the XSI Body....................I just couldn't pass it up at that price...........

That is much cheaper that you can buy a used on from ebay for, and less that half of the retail price.........Bedford Camera sells these for $799.00.

All I need now is a Canon EF T-ring and a SD memory card, and I can try my hand at Digital Prime Focus Astrophotography.

nSpace01

Profile Email
LME
 Sunday, August 31 2008 @ 11:48 am EDT  
Forum Sage
Sage

Hey Leonard,

No wonder the weather continues to be awful…! Big Grin And now you got my CFO/Wife all worked up, because I’m considering the XTi body. I would have to get a lens as well to make it duel purpose (family use/AP) to justify the purchase... Laughing Out Loud This camera would make it possible for me to start auto guiding; I have the guide scope, guide camera (web cam) and rings now, I just need an imager/XTi!!! Eek!

Clear Skies..?
Larry

Clear Skies-Larry

Profile Email Website
nspace01
 Monday, September 01 2008 @ 02:09 am EDT  
Forum Sage
Sage

You can pick up some of the Canon EF lenses pretty cheap on ebay and other sites, some are very expensive....I guess You get what you pay for...............The one I am aiming to get, to start with, is the 50mm F:1.8, new for around $100.00. This is one great for Wide field piggy back shots.............Later, I might get a 28 to 100 Zoom lens for it..............

I ordered a T- Ring.......will be able to use it with my 100mm F5 and my 10" F10 SCT for Prime Focus shots. I already have a 2" adaptor.

nSpace01

Profile Email
LME
 Monday, September 01 2008 @ 10:15 pm EDT  
Forum Sage
Sage

Hey Leonard,

I've done some research on Sonic Camera and I'm a little bothered with it's reviews...Just from what I've read, they seem to be a bait and switch web site. Here is what I've found so far. HERE and HERE I may be wrong and I hope I am, but I want to post this just in case the reviews are true... Frown

Larry

Clear Skies-Larry

Profile Email Website
nspace01
 Tuesday, September 02 2008 @ 12:24 am EDT  
Forum Sage
Sage

Gawd, I had know idea....................Let me see what happens in the next few days........I thought it sounded TO GOOD TO BE TRUE.

nSpace01

Profile Email
nspace01
 Wednesday, September 03 2008 @ 09:47 pm EDT  
Forum Sage
Sage

It played out just like the web reviews said it would........................

They sent me an email for me to call them to "Verifiy Security"

The tried to talk me into buying overpriced memory cards for the camera. When I refused to buy anything else, the said that the camera would be shipped today, 09/03/08.

This morning I got annother email from them stating that the camera I ordered was out of stock and they had cancelled my order.........but they assured me that they would notify me when they had them back in stock so I could re-order..........Ya, Sure........

At least nothing was charged to my credit card.

Live and learn..............From now on, I will Google and investigate any online vender "BEFORE" I order anything.

I would like to say how sorry for the origonal posting on this forum and ask forgiveness from AOAS.................

Oh and by the way, I bought annother Canon XSI/450D from annother "Bonified" internet vender........for a few dollars more............Maybe I will get it by the time the skys clear.

nSpace01

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.08 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:31 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

User Functions

Lost your password?

What's New

STORIES

No new stories

COMMENTS last 2 days

No new comments

LINKS last 2 weeks

No recent new links

Want It ALL?

Become a card-carrying member of AOAS. Paying dues gives you several advantages over other registered users, including a subscription to the club newsletter, an AOAS.ORG e-mail address, use of club materials, including books and telescopes, and access to the Coleman Observatory facilities. On top of all that, you also qualify for a 20% discount on all books at any Books-A-Million location.

To get your membership application, click here.