Login
New User

Welcome to AOAS.ORG
Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 12:10 am EDT

Forum Index > Astro-Imaging > Digital Imaging New Topic Post Reply
 Google pays off!
 |  Printable Version
LME
 Sunday, September 21 2008 @ 01:21 pm EDT (Read 2601 times)  
Forum Sage
Sage

Hey all,

As some of you may know, I’ve been waiting a week for a Meade DSIc Imager that I purchased on eBay. It arrived as schedule last Friday and I could not wait to try out my new/used camera that night. Oh boy…I thought I just got ripped off, everything looked fine until I tried to install it. As soon as I popped the disk in I received an error stating the files I was using had either bad or corrupt media? What the heck! Tried reinserting it, same error again! So I eject the CD and visually inspect it and it looked like someone had used sand paper to clean it, what do I do now? Frown So I buff the disk with some cleaner we have for our DVD’s and what not and I stick it back in my lap top…its starts to install! Well after about 4 hours and no more hair to pull out, I ejected it again, but this time it landed in the trash! Evil Now I’m fuming and my wife is saying “I told you so…” If anyone knows me, I am not the type to give up and there is no way I’m taking a hickey! Needless to say…there was no imaging that night. Now it is Saturday and I still haven’t got the camera installed. So I decide to Google everything I could think of regarding the camera and wow every thing I need to fix the problem is right there for the taking. But what do I need? The choices were infinite, so after another 2-3 hours of research, I finally download the drivers and acquiring software. Once I downloaded everything and installed the camera, it appears to be working! Whew! Eek! Now I’m just waiting for the sun to go down and find out if the camera is in the same shape as the CD! Here is what I found out…

Each is 25x15sec. Subs unguided
I need to work on better polar alignment a balancing

Clear Skies-Larry

Profile Email Website
LME
 Sunday, September 21 2008 @ 01:22 pm EDT  
Forum Sage
Sage

Here is another one...

Clear Skies-Larry

Profile Email Website
Pablo Rosell
 Sunday, September 21 2008 @ 04:33 pm EDT  
Forum Sage
Sage

Nice shots Larry!
It looks like the camera is working perfectly.
Except for the lost of hair and time waisted the good thing about installing from internet is that you might already have the latest versions of the drivers and software.Wink

I found a fast way of drift aligning the mount using the camera. Check out this link:
http://www.ucihs.uci.edu/pandb/hall/polar.htm

Best,
Pablo

Pablo - Fayetteville, AR

Profile Email Website
LME
 Sunday, September 21 2008 @ 06:51 pm EDT  
Forum Sage
Sage

Thanks for the compliment and the link too! I've never tried or even knew how drift align.

Clear Skies,
Larry

Clear Skies-Larry

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.05 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:10 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

User Functions

Lost your password?

What's New

STORIES

No new stories

COMMENTS last 2 days

No new comments

LINKS last 2 weeks

No recent new links

Want It ALL?

Become a card-carrying member of AOAS. Paying dues gives you several advantages over other registered users, including a subscription to the club newsletter, an AOAS.ORG e-mail address, use of club materials, including books and telescopes, and access to the Coleman Observatory facilities. On top of all that, you also qualify for a 20% discount on all books at any Books-A-Million location.

To get your membership application, click here.