Login
New User

Welcome to AOAS.ORG
Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 05:06 am EDT

Forum Index > General > Off-Topic New Topic Post Reply
 Happy Holidays!-I Bought Myself Something
 |  Printable Version
tricks46
 Friday, December 19 2008 @ 09:12 am EST (Read 2071 times)  
Forum Sage
Sage

Laughing Out Loud
Micki and I want to wish all a good Holiday Season, and to celebrate I am treating myself to a new DSLR which will also take advantage of the TeleVue 127is refractor. Wide field one shot color. Eek!
Be safe and let somebody else drive when the wild turkey flies.
Mike & Micki Holloway
Wink

Profile Email Website
LME
 Friday, December 19 2008 @ 09:02 pm EST  
Forum Sage
Sage

HOLY COW Mike! I just Googled that refractor and my eyes poped out... It's looks as if it fell down from the heavens, you must be proud. What an awesome combo that will be. Well, that explains the weather... Big Grin

Happy Holidays to you and Micki

Clear Skies-Larry

Profile Email Website
dgrosvold
 Saturday, December 20 2008 @ 03:33 pm EST  
Forum Admin
Admin

Hi Mike! So what kind of DSLR did you get? As you know, I'm still looking at buying a scope, so the camera thing is still a ways off. BY the time I'm ready, I imagine Canon will have released their new 60D!
Rolling Eyes

Dave - Morrow, AR

Profile Email Website
tricks46
 Sunday, December 21 2008 @ 09:57 am EST  
Forum Sage
Sage

Dave. I studied the DSLR's for quite a while and decided on the Sony A300. Lots of better cameras out there but I had a Minolta 5Xi with AZ/AF lenses and Sony (Which bought Minolta) left the mount the same. Saved me lots of money. Also there are lots of positive things like in camera stable which lets my old stuff work like a newer model. Adjustible live screen for any position is nice. Any small things can be corrected in PS. I did have to buy a $300.00 FF lense from TV and the adapter rings to mount look to cost almost another $200.00. I just figure it is another way to better capture what ever might pop up in the sky. It caan mount piggyback or prime focus.
Mike

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.05 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:06 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

User Functions

Lost your password?

What's New

STORIES

No new stories

COMMENTS last 2 days

No new comments

LINKS last 2 weeks

No recent new links

Want It ALL?

Become a card-carrying member of AOAS. Paying dues gives you several advantages over other registered users, including a subscription to the club newsletter, an AOAS.ORG e-mail address, use of club materials, including books and telescopes, and access to the Coleman Observatory facilities. On top of all that, you also qualify for a 20% discount on all books at any Books-A-Million location.

To get your membership application, click here.