Login
New User

Welcome to AOAS.ORG
Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 07:28 pm EDT

Forum Index > Equipment > Telescopes and Accessories New Topic Post Reply
 Astronomic "NEAF" Sale
 |  Printable Version
lrjarhead
 Thursday, April 23 2009 @ 08:59 am EDT (Read 3542 times)  
Forum Elder
Elder

Just in case some folks didn't receive Astronomics notice - they're having a sale on accessories (and some refractors) that they had at NEAF, which they are extending until the end of the month. Particularly good deals can be had on their TMB & Paradigm eyepieces - $40 & $50 respectively. I bought a 5mm Paradigm last month (reg. price of course) and like it alot.
R/S
Mike Baker

Profile Email
dgrosvold
 Thursday, April 30 2009 @ 12:31 pm EDT  
Forum Admin
Admin

Today's the last day of the sale. I HAD to take advantage of the $60.00 savings on an Astro-Tech 2" Titan Type II 35mm eyepiece. I think it will be a perfect fit on the new (to me,) Discovery 12.5" Dob I got last week. It's $200.00 cheaper than the TeleVue 35mm Panoptic. Same # of elements, same focal length, same field of view. I know the TV's better, but the difference in price swayed me. I'll post a review soon.

I've been interested in those new Paradigm eyepieces for a while, now as well. I'll let you try out mine if you let me try out yours... Big Grin

Dave - Morrow, AR

Profile Email Website
nspace01
 Thursday, April 30 2009 @ 06:18 pm EDT  
Forum Sage
Sage

I would like to compare my University Optic's 2" 30mm 80 degree to your Astro-Tech 2" Titan.

nSpace01

Profile Email
dgrosvold
 Thursday, April 30 2009 @ 07:35 pm EDT  
Forum Admin
Admin

So would I. sounds like a good comparison. We'll have to each use both eyepieces in both scopes to really test 'em out. Don't forget - the Titan II is a 68 degree eyepiece. so it's not exactly apples to apples. Big Grin

Dave - Morrow, AR

Profile Email Website
cristiano
 Wednesday, June 10 2009 @ 10:35 pm EDT  
Forum Newbie

Hello there.I'm cristiano from spain.I've been interested in those new Paradigm eyepieces for a while, now as well. I'll let you try out mine if you let me try out yours.Thank you.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.06 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:28 pm.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

User Functions

Lost your password?

What's New

STORIES

No new stories

COMMENTS last 2 days

No new comments

LINKS last 2 weeks

No recent new links

Want It ALL?

Become a card-carrying member of AOAS. Paying dues gives you several advantages over other registered users, including a subscription to the club newsletter, an AOAS.ORG e-mail address, use of club materials, including books and telescopes, and access to the Coleman Observatory facilities. On top of all that, you also qualify for a 20% discount on all books at any Books-A-Million location.

To get your membership application, click here.