Login
New User

Welcome to AOAS.ORG
Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 07:30 pm EDT

Forum Index > General > Club News New Topic Post Reply
 Novice member
 |  Printable Version
gcarlson
 Thursday, June 18 2009 @ 10:37 am EDT (Read 1808 times)  
Forum Newbie

I received a telescope from my daughters and know very little about astronomy. I would like to attend a meeting and or star watch evening but need help. Any suggestions? Thanks

Profile Email
lrjarhead
 Thursday, June 18 2009 @ 11:47 am EDT  
Forum Elder
Elder

Dear Member,
AOAS is having our annual Mulberry Mountain Star Party this weekend (click the graphic above for details), which would be a great time to learn more about your equipment & Astronomy in general. If you can't make that, I live in Van Buren and you can contact me through this site if you would like to come over and set up your equipment. Our meetings take place at UAFS,Math & Science Bldg., Room 211 at 7 p.m., the first Friday of each month (per info above).
Regards,
Mike Baker

Profile Email
nspace01
 Thursday, June 18 2009 @ 01:36 pm EDT  
Forum Sage
Sage

By All Means, Come to the Mulberry Mountain AOAS Star Party Laughing Out Loud

Just click on the MMSP Graphic on our main page.

We will help you to learn to use your equipment.

nSpace01

Profile Email
dgrosvold
 Thursday, June 18 2009 @ 03:46 pm EDT  
Forum Admin
Admin

Hi, gcarlson -

We're glad to hear from you. I see several of our members have already chimed in. Your timing couldn't be better! Tomorrow and Saturday nights we will be at Mulberry Mountain for our annual Star Party. You can download a flyer here: 2009 Mulberry Mountain Star Party. There is no cost for the oberving sessions, so come on out!

As Mike mentioned, we hold our meetings on the first Friday of each month, but please note -- we will not be having a regular meeting in July. Click here for the next meeting. Our next star party after the Mulberry Mountain event will be at the Janet Huckabee River Valley Nature Center.

Dave - Morrow, AR

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.05 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:30 pm.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

User Functions

Lost your password?

What's New

STORIES

No new stories

COMMENTS last 2 days

No new comments

LINKS last 2 weeks

No recent new links

Want It ALL?

Become a card-carrying member of AOAS. Paying dues gives you several advantages over other registered users, including a subscription to the club newsletter, an AOAS.ORG e-mail address, use of club materials, including books and telescopes, and access to the Coleman Observatory facilities. On top of all that, you also qualify for a 20% discount on all books at any Books-A-Million location.

To get your membership application, click here.