Login
New User

Welcome to AOAS.ORG
Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 08:04 pm EDT

Forum Index > General > Club News New Topic Post Reply
 Eureka Springs Astronomical Society
 |  Printable Version
EurekaAstronomy
 Thursday, June 25 2009 @ 09:37 am EDT (Read 3518 times)  
Forum Newbie

---Greetings everyone! Just want to say hello and offer an invitation to get to know the newest Astronomical Society to the Arkansas neighborhood. We are small group, but dedicated to making this work. Currently we are exploring opportunities to swell our ranks by doing some Public outreach sessions.
---Our temporary webpage is located at http://eurekaastronomy.wordpress.com/ and I can be reached at jared_hyatt@yahoo.com. Love to get some feedback and ideas on how ESAS can become bigger and more relevant. Thanks!
---
---Jared Hyatt

Profile Email
nspace01
 Thursday, June 25 2009 @ 11:28 am EDT  
Forum Sage
Sage

Welcome on board..................Looking forward to meeting you and your group Laughing Out Loud .......................

nSpace01

Profile Email
EurekaAstronomy
 Thursday, June 25 2009 @ 05:17 pm EDT  
Forum Newbie

Any members of AOAS that live anywhere near Eureka Springs? Would love to schedule an impromptu astronomy session with one if there were.

Profile Email
nspace01
 Friday, June 26 2009 @ 02:01 am EDT  
Forum Sage
Sage

I think the closest AOAS Member to you may be Larry Edwards in Bella Vista...........

nSpace01

Profile Email
dgrosvold
 Friday, June 26 2009 @ 04:35 pm EDT  
Forum Admin
Admin

Hi Jared -

Welcome to our web site! I am located just south of a community called Morrow, which is southwest of Fayetteville. As leaonard says, Member Larry Edwards is in Belle Vista. Another member, Dr. Chuck Larson, will soon be closer to you than anyone else, I think. He is in the process of moving to Branson, MO. I'm sure there will be opportunities for us to get together and do some astronomy. My wife and I host a star party at our ranch a couple times a year (maybe more.) Since that's fairly close by ( < 2 hrs) your group could possibly make it to that.

Keep an eye on the web site! Wink

Dave - Morrow, AR

Profile Email Website
EurekaAstronomy
 Friday, June 26 2009 @ 04:43 pm EDT  
Forum Newbie

---Dave, thanks for the info and Chuck has already been in contact. Since Eureka and Branson are so close, I think it's a great chance to expand on the population base of our group. I have a lot of questions about 501-c-3 certification and liability insurance among other things. Does anyone in AOAS use Twitter? If they do, feel free to add our main account :EurekaAstronomy.
---Also I wanted to let you know that your links at the top of your homepage are unreachable due to the header. Seems to have gotten bigger? Anyway you can't hover over the links on the left hand side of the top of the page.

Profile Email
dgrosvold
 Saturday, June 27 2009 @ 08:57 am EDT  
Forum Admin
Admin

Jared -

I'm not having any trouble with the links at the top of the web page. Nothing has changed on the page header that I know of. What browser are you using? Do you have Javascript enabled? What screen resolution is you monitor set at? If you can, send me a sceenshot and I'll see what I can do.

Thx

Dave - Morrow, AR

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.07 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:04 pm.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

User Functions

Lost your password?

What's New

STORIES

No new stories

COMMENTS last 2 days

No new comments

LINKS last 2 weeks

No recent new links

Want It ALL?

Become a card-carrying member of AOAS. Paying dues gives you several advantages over other registered users, including a subscription to the club newsletter, an AOAS.ORG e-mail address, use of club materials, including books and telescopes, and access to the Coleman Observatory facilities. On top of all that, you also qualify for a 20% discount on all books at any Books-A-Million location.

To get your membership application, click here.