Login
New User

Welcome to AOAS.ORG
Friday, March 29 2024 @ 06:58 am EDT

Forum Index > Astro-Imaging > Digital Imaging New Topic Post Reply
 Harvest Moon - 2009
 |  Printable Version
tricks46
 Saturday, October 03 2009 @ 05:13 pm EDT (Read 1718 times)  
Forum Sage
Sage

It appears the only time a clear sky comes around is near a full moon. I attached the Sony A300 refractor Friday to the 5" and took a # of images. The single images are noisy. Stacking with my software the kind of images (raw) this camera puts out would be impossible. Need to find a program that stacks fits or jpg if there is such a thing. I like the images but can see the loss of detail compaired to my sbig cameras. These are too sensitive for a fuller moon image as they overexpose even on the fastest shutter speed. Color is visible even on a 1/2500 sec exp. like the one below which is reduced in size.
Thanks, Mike H.

Profile Email Website
LME
 Sunday, October 04 2009 @ 07:20 pm EDT  
Forum Sage
Sage

Hey Mike,

Nice work on that big ol moon. I know that Registax V4.0 will stack many types of formats including jpeg and fits. If your not happy with your s-big I'll gladly trade ya straight across for my phillips web cam... Laughing Out Loud

Clear Skies-Larry

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.04 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:58 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

User Functions

Lost your password?

What's New

STORIES

No new stories

COMMENTS last 2 days

No new comments

LINKS last 2 weeks

No recent new links

Want It ALL?

Become a card-carrying member of AOAS. Paying dues gives you several advantages over other registered users, including a subscription to the club newsletter, an AOAS.ORG e-mail address, use of club materials, including books and telescopes, and access to the Coleman Observatory facilities. On top of all that, you also qualify for a 20% discount on all books at any Books-A-Million location.

To get your membership application, click here.