Login
New User

Welcome to AOAS.ORG
Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 04:02 pm EDT

Forum Index > General > Club News New Topic Post Reply
 Thank you Dr. Sears!
 |  Printable Version
R Parks
 Saturday, December 27 2003 @ 02:13 am EST (Read 5009 times)  
Forum Regular
Regular

Big Grin

Wow! That was a great meeting! Thank you Dr. Sears! I think that Bob is right, we will be talking about this one for years! Thanks for all the people who brought the great food too.

Roberta

R Parks Alma, AR USA

Profile Email
bobmoody
 Saturday, December 27 2003 @ 02:09 pm EST  
Forum Sage
Sage

Ditto! Many of the people who were fortunate enough to see Dr. Sears when he spoke to us on meteorites at the Dec 19, 1992 meeting have gone their own way, and didn't get to enjoy this last one. But those of us who did hear Dr Sears last Friday evening, I believe got a rare glimpse into this man's personal side. You can't kid around and joke with a group of essential strangers without opening up, and that's just what he did. We're fortunate as a group to have been blessed with his charm and wit, and we'll always remember that evening.

Who else will step up and leave a few words?

Bob Moody

Profile Email
R Parks
 Monday, December 29 2003 @ 02:09 am EST  
Forum Regular
Regular

I can't remember the last time that I have learned so much in such a short amount of time. I hope that the upcoming scientific explorations on Mars will yield more insight. I wonder how far away from the "triple-point" that Dr. Sears mentioned are some of the other planets, or even the moon?

Roberta

R Parks Alma, AR USA

Profile Email
Anonymous: Chuck Larson
 Wednesday, December 31 2003 @ 04:15 pm EST  

12/31/03
For those who missed this meeting or did not take the opportunity to hear from such a noted authority in his field, as Dr. Sears is, will never realize what an outstanding experience this was. When cutting edge technology is offered to us, in such a rare opportunity, I would expect many more to take advantage of such. Thanks to Bob Moody for setting up this fantastic meeting.
Chuck Larson

Gerald Gentry
 Saturday, January 03 2004 @ 10:10 pm EST  
Forum Junior
Junior

The December meeting of the AOAS was the first opportunity Donna and I had to attend and meet other members.
We were indeed fortunate for this was the night Dr. Sears gave his outstanding lecture on Mars. We will not soon forget.
Thank you, Dr. Sears

Gerald Gentry

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.06 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:02 pm.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

User Functions

Lost your password?

What's New

STORIES

No new stories

COMMENTS last 2 days

No new comments

LINKS last 2 weeks

No recent new links

Want It ALL?

Become a card-carrying member of AOAS. Paying dues gives you several advantages over other registered users, including a subscription to the club newsletter, an AOAS.ORG e-mail address, use of club materials, including books and telescopes, and access to the Coleman Observatory facilities. On top of all that, you also qualify for a 20% discount on all books at any Books-A-Million location.

To get your membership application, click here.