Login
New User

Welcome to AOAS.ORG
Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 04:22 pm EDT

Forum Index > General > Club News New Topic Post Reply
 Girl Scout Star Party - Help Needed!
 |  Printable Version
nspace01
 Friday, June 10 2011 @ 04:13 pm EDT (Read 3294 times)  
Forum Sage
Sage

We have been asked to do a Star Party for a group of Girl Scouts at Camp Cahinnio, south of Booneville on hwy 23 (about 3 miles from the intersection of hwy 71 and hwy 23) on Monday, the 20th of June.

I plan to get there at 7:00pm and set up 2 of my scopes.

Anyone (with or without a scope) is welcome to come out and help out!!! Rolling Eyes

nSpace01

Profile Email
dgrosvold
 Monday, June 13 2011 @ 02:36 pm EDT  
Forum Admin
Admin

Leonard -

As you know, normally, I'd be glad to help out, but this time I'm going to have to pass since it's on a Monday evening. Plus, it's a 2-1/2 hour drive for me each way. Frown

I hope someone who lives a bit further south can help out.

Dave - Morrow, AR

Profile Email Website
ejbragg
 Monday, June 20 2011 @ 12:48 am EDT  
Forum Elder
Elder

Hey, guys, I'm baaaack!
Or.... At least... Trying to GET back!
My telescope has been out of service ever since the Mulberry Mtn extravaganza TWO YEARS ago! I just got the old mirror cleaned up, and replaced my collimator bolts (which were originally way, too thin, & had worn out). I found Saturn last night & then gazed at the moon until about 1:00 a.m.

I'd love to help, Leonard, but I have to work this Monday night - I go in at 6:00p.m. and will be working all night. I always work overnight these days, which should help me stay up late on stargazing nights, I'll bet!

The real bummer is, my work schedule has prevented me from coming to your meetings, which are not very often, these days... at least, not last time I looked.

Anyway, I am planning on returning. Will catch up with you soon!

"Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array." - Genesis 2:1, NIV

Profile Email Website
dgrosvold
 Tuesday, June 21 2011 @ 01:10 pm EDT  
Forum Admin
Admin

Hey Eric -

Glad to hear from you! Our meetings are Monthly now, (except for July) so you should find more opportunities to make meetings.

Dave - Morrow, AR

Profile Email Website
nspace01
 Tuesday, June 21 2011 @ 05:07 pm EDT  
Forum Sage
Sage

Welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The start Party was "Clouded Out"....... Frown .......The closer to dark it got, the cloudier it got.... Eek! ......We finally gave up at about 9:30pm....... Cry

The Project Leader asked if we could try it again tomorrow nite...............and I agreed. Eek!

My thanks to John and Mac from Booneville for coming out.............Said they would try to come out and try again on Wedesday night.

nSpace01

Profile Email
ejbragg
 Wednesday, June 22 2011 @ 03:06 pm EDT  
Forum Elder
Elder

Quote by: dgrosvold

Hey Eric -

Glad to hear from you! Our meetings are Monthly now, (except for July) so you should find more opportunities to make meetings.

Unfortunately, part of the problem has been the 1 month spacing. I work every other Friday night, & the meetings were landing on my work nights. As of 5 weeks ago, my wife & I added a scheduled prayer meeting to the Friday nights I'm not working... I couldn't remember anything else going on, on Friday nights. Laughing Out Loud (oops)
Perhaps every so often, I can work out something with my co-workers.

"Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array." - Genesis 2:1, NIV

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.07 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:22 pm.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

User Functions

Lost your password?

What's New

STORIES

No new stories

COMMENTS last 2 days

No new comments

LINKS last 2 weeks

No recent new links

Want It ALL?

Become a card-carrying member of AOAS. Paying dues gives you several advantages over other registered users, including a subscription to the club newsletter, an AOAS.ORG e-mail address, use of club materials, including books and telescopes, and access to the Coleman Observatory facilities. On top of all that, you also qualify for a 20% discount on all books at any Books-A-Million location.

To get your membership application, click here.