Login
New User

Welcome to AOAS.ORG
Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 11:20 am EDT

Forum Index > General > Club News New Topic Post Reply
 Star party
 |  Printable Version
Anonymous: Chuck Larson
 Monday, March 15 2004 @ 11:24 pm EST (Read 2103 times)  

I have been contacted to conduct a star party for a third grade class at Morrison Elem. School, in Fort Smith, on Monday, March 22, from dusk until 8:30 PM. This will take place on the play ground behind the Morrison Elem. Sch., 3415 Newlon Road. If any AOAS members would like to bring their telescope and assist, please feel free to do so. To get a telescope onto the playground, you need to use Mussett Rd., on the west side of the school and pull in on the west side of the school. There is a larger opening to enter the playground. Parking is limited in that area, with a small turn-around back there. I plan to set up before sunset in order to begin the viewing of Venus and possibly Mercury. The site is relatively free of light pollutiion and has good quite good viewing in all four directions. If you need additional information, please contact me.
Chuck Larson, chucklarson@earthlink.net or call and leave a message: 782-2907. It may be late Sunday before I get back with you unless you contact me early this week -
Mar. 16 - 18.

bobmoody
 Wednesday, March 17 2004 @ 03:31 pm EST  
Forum Sage
Sage

I'LL BE THERE, CHUCK. I'll try to be there about 30 minutes before sunset.

Hope some other members attend, too.

Bob Moody

Profile Email
Anonymous: Chuck Larson
 Wednesday, March 17 2004 @ 04:08 pm EST  

3/17/04
To: Bob Moody,
Thanks for offering to assist. This is suppose to be for only one classroom of third graders, but one never knows how many or who may show up, once the word around school gets out that they are meeting on the playground in the evening. There may be others living in the neighborhood that just decide to come in also. Hoping the weather is clear Mon. night, Mar. 22.
I plan to go to the playground tonite (3/17), skies permitting, to set up and check out the better viewing sites, although most spots look good there. Since this is the only night I have for viewing until Mon., I thought I better try to get out tonite. Sorry I will miss the marathon this weekend. Would have loved to have tried for that this year.
I am still waiting for replies from the sources I contacted about observatory domes for the 14" (Cetus). Guess they are not too interested in business, although I did note to all of them that I was with AOAS, thinking that would speed up a reply. May have to start phoning these places next week if nothing comes in soon.
Chuck Larson

Content generated in: 0.13 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:20 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

User Functions

Lost your password?

What's New

STORIES

No new stories

COMMENTS last 2 days

No new comments

LINKS last 2 weeks

No recent new links

Want It ALL?

Become a card-carrying member of AOAS. Paying dues gives you several advantages over other registered users, including a subscription to the club newsletter, an AOAS.ORG e-mail address, use of club materials, including books and telescopes, and access to the Coleman Observatory facilities. On top of all that, you also qualify for a 20% discount on all books at any Books-A-Million location.

To get your membership application, click here.