Login
New User

Welcome to AOAS.ORG
Friday, March 29 2024 @ 04:49 am EDT

Forum Index > General > Club News New Topic Post Reply
 AOAS Events for 2015
 |  Printable Version
ahradesky
 Sunday, April 12 2015 @ 03:14 am EDT (Read 5627 times)  
Forum Newbie

Attention all AOAStronauts:

With our new meeting venue at the Lake Fort Smith State Park on the second Saturday of the month, the table below details our scheduled Star Parties for the year 2015:

May 9th: Star Party – Marina 15
June 12th: Star Party – Wells Lake
June 13th: Star Party – Marina 19
July 11th: Star Party – Marina 17
August 8th: Star Party – Marina 14
August 21st: Star Party – Wells Lake
September 12th: Star Party – Marina

October 10th - Astronomy Day 12:00pm till 4:00pm in AV Room & Star Party at Marina at dusk.
November 14th - Regular Meeting - Lake Fort Smith
December 12th - AOAS Annual Christmas Dinner and Meeting – Lake Fort Smith

Profile Email
bobmoody
 Wednesday, May 06 2015 @ 09:51 am EDT  
Forum Sage
Sage

Great information! Thanks for posting these dates. Our local Entertainment Ft Smith monthly magazine is happy to work with us to announce these dates in each issue. They ask for notification at least 4 weeks in advance, and their own events planner would be the contact person. It can help to bring out many more visitors to our events. I hope someone wishes to become the AOAS club liaison to E Fort Smith, unless of course, someone has already undertaken this.

Bob Moody

Profile Email
ejbragg
 Sunday, May 10 2015 @ 10:35 pm EDT  
Forum Elder
Elder

Thanks, Radesky!

Hello, Bob!

"Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array." - Genesis 2:1, NIV

Profile Email Website
mblair
 Tuesday, May 12 2015 @ 12:58 pm EDT  
Forum Newbie

Hey guys, it's been forever. I'm looking to get involved as soon as work slows down. Anyone ever think about doing an AOAS Facebook page? It's easy and would give more exposure.
Who's the club president these days?
Marcus

Profile Email
ejbragg
 Wednesday, May 13 2015 @ 06:11 pm EDT  
Forum Elder
Elder

Marcus, I think you want to start w/ Dave Grosvold. Last I knew, he was the website admin. We haven 't had much traffic because membership is requested beforehand, raising the level of security. Apparently, there have been postings w/ all kinds of spam in the past, and Dave has avoided all that with his method. So, not sure what he's say, but you are right - if we could find a safe means for more exposure, i'm sure there'd be more involvement! I don't know how safe facebook would be, but if it was a simple set up just to drive people to the website, it might be worth some looking into.

"Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array." - Genesis 2:1, NIV

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.05 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:49 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

User Functions

Lost your password?

What's New

STORIES

No new stories

COMMENTS last 2 days

No new comments

LINKS last 2 weeks

No recent new links

Want It ALL?

Become a card-carrying member of AOAS. Paying dues gives you several advantages over other registered users, including a subscription to the club newsletter, an AOAS.ORG e-mail address, use of club materials, including books and telescopes, and access to the Coleman Observatory facilities. On top of all that, you also qualify for a 20% discount on all books at any Books-A-Million location.

To get your membership application, click here.