Login
New User

Welcome to AOAS.ORG
Tuesday, April 23 2024 @ 09:54 am EDT

Forum Index > General > Club News New Topic Post Reply
 AOAS loses long-time member May 6, 2005
 |  Printable Version
bobmoody
 Monday, May 09 2005 @ 02:30 am EDT (Read 1859 times)  
Forum Sage
Sage

Charles Anderson of Muldrow was killed Friday when he was struck and killed by a vehicle while riding a bicycle north of Roland. Charles and brother Frank Anderson have been AOAS members almost from our very beginnings as a club. I spent many hours working alongside both Charles and Frank as we built the first facility for Coleman Observatory atop Midland Peak south of Ft Smith in 1986 and 1987.

Both Charles and Frank shared a trailer north of Muldrow for the past several years. AOAS is sending flowers in the club's name to the Garden of Memories cemetery in Vian, OK for tomorrow's 2pm graveside services. I hope that everyone who would like to share any memories of Charles will do so here on this forum. My deepest sympathies go out to the Anderson family, but especially so to Frank. I know he will be going through some very tough times after this loss, and I wish him the best.

If you would like to send Frank and the Anderson family a card of sympathy, I encourage you to do so. The address is:

Frank Anderson
Rt. 3 Box 154-2
Muldrow, OK 74948

Bob Moody

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.03 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:54 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

User Functions

Lost your password?

What's New

STORIES

No new stories

COMMENTS last 2 days

No new comments

LINKS last 2 weeks

No recent new links

Want It ALL?

Become a card-carrying member of AOAS. Paying dues gives you several advantages over other registered users, including a subscription to the club newsletter, an AOAS.ORG e-mail address, use of club materials, including books and telescopes, and access to the Coleman Observatory facilities. On top of all that, you also qualify for a 20% discount on all books at any Books-A-Million location.

To get your membership application, click here.