Login
New User

Welcome to AOAS.ORG
Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 06:03 am EDT

Forum Index > Equipment > Telescopes and Accessories New Topic Post Reply
 hello From a New Star Seeker in VB Ar
 |  Printable Version
Keith Bibbs
 Thursday, July 14 2005 @ 09:09 am EDT (Read 3298 times)  
Forum Newbie

Hello all I am new to Astronomy I just Got a Telescope a Mead DS2130 Reflector with Auto Star. I hope to get to come to some Meeting soon would like to Get some instruction on how to Use the telesope. I Have Looked at the Moon with the auto star Off. I Have found some Info on the Internet on how to use the auto star and I Have Tryed to Use it. But I think I am doing some thing Wrong. I will Play with it this weekend if the Sky is Good the Moon will be very Bright this weekend I Know but I will be out there playing around.

Profile Email
bobmoody
 Saturday, July 16 2005 @ 03:37 pm EDT  
Forum Sage
Sage

Hi, Keith!

Beginning astronomy can sometimes be a little bit daunting, but you've made a good first choice; ask others who are knowledgeable for advice and help when needed. We have this evening scheduled for public observing at Coleman Observatory.

You can click on the "Coleman Observatory" button in the Main Menu and find a printable map to the site. Make SURE you follow the written directions. We usually start observing at around 8:30 this time of year so feel free to join us this evening IF THE WEATHER COOPERATES.

If it's cloudy tonight, I'll be happy to help you with your telescope on any other clear night. I'm usually here but it's best to give me an email message the day before you'd like to visit if possible. I'm teaching my "Basics of Astronomy" classes on Thursday evenings and that would be a good time to join us. Classes run until around 8:30-8:45 and we observe every Thursday evening that weather permits, so you might join us then if you want to.

The club is filled with people of all levels of knowledge about just almost anything astronomical. We'd welcome you to join us by printing our membership application and sending it with your dues to the address on the application. Our next meeting will be August 5th, but no one HAS TO join to get the general benefits of the club such as advice and/or suggestions. That's always free, but our members enjoy several little perks that are not accessible to non-members. You might want to consider joining, and we'd be very happy if you did.

Let me know how I might help you in any way, Keith.

Thanks
Bob

Bob Moody

Profile Email
Keith Bibbs
 Thursday, July 21 2005 @ 03:19 pm EDT  
Forum Newbie

Thanks I will try to get out on a Thurs night or show up at a weeekend night I am working on trying to get a Guder scope mounted on the Reflector scope and I was going to ask some Question on astrophotogrophy I am trying to get a Cannon AE1 35mm to go Piggy back on it for wide feild stuff and looking at going with Deep sky on the the reflector. I found a Little 80mm short Tube refractor for a Guide scope and was going to use a Webcam for a Guider on it. I have the 495 Autostar controller Butt to hook it up to the Laptop i need the 497 and 505 Cable right. Hey I was woundering if you guys have the Full install of the auto star there i dont have one with my scope and would like to get the full version for my Lap top thanks I will bring it out one night and we can walk thought it all and let you guys giude me on what i need ok
thanks Keith Bibbs

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.05 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:03 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

User Functions

Lost your password?

What's New

STORIES

No new stories

COMMENTS last 2 days

No new comments

LINKS last 2 weeks

No recent new links

Want It ALL?

Become a card-carrying member of AOAS. Paying dues gives you several advantages over other registered users, including a subscription to the club newsletter, an AOAS.ORG e-mail address, use of club materials, including books and telescopes, and access to the Coleman Observatory facilities. On top of all that, you also qualify for a 20% discount on all books at any Books-A-Million location.

To get your membership application, click here.