Login
New User

Welcome to AOAS.ORG
Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 10:22 am EDT

Forum Index > Classified Ads > For Sale New Topic Post Reply
 Orion 200mm SVD f4
 |  Printable Version
LouTheBlueGuru
 Monday, November 28 2005 @ 06:50 pm EST (Read 4477 times)  
Forum Newbie

I have a complete Orion SVD 200mm scope for sale. It has a 9x50 finder. The equatorial SVD mount has a RA motor and the two original 25mm and 9mm Orion Plossl eyepieces are included. I also have all original manuals and the original Orion packing boxes. This scope has been used about thirty times for short periods of time (2 hours or less) and is in excellent condition. I haven't cleaned the tube of finger prints yet, but cleaned up it would be hard to tell from brand new. The mirror is center marked, is very clean, has never been washed, and doesn't need to be. This scope is very compact, not very heavy, and is very easy to set up. It is an excellent scope but it does require very careful collimation since it is an f4. I'm selling it because I have 5 other scopes and just bought a new Tal 200K. I don't need two 200mm scopes. I am asking $350. If you want it shipped, then you would have to pay the shipping cost. I'm located in Fayetteville.

Lou Glorfeld

Profile Email Website
Keith Bibbs
 Wednesday, November 30 2005 @ 09:10 am EST  
Forum Newbie

do you Have any Pic of the scope and do you think the Drive would Drive a SLR 35mm Cannon on top Piggy Back style for some wide feild Astrophoto Work if so I would be very Intersested in it I am in Fort Smith and would be willing to Drive up and Talk to you about it too my Twin Brother and I are looking for a Nice scope like this one
This is a 8inch Reflector on EQ mount with Motor on RA only right
thanks Keith Bibbs
Phone # 479-646-4345
Call in the Day Thank you

Profile Email
LouTheBlueGuru
 Wednesday, November 30 2005 @ 01:18 pm EST  
Forum Newbie

This is an 8" reflector (if you want to be technical, the mirror for an 8" should be 203mm) on an equatorial mount with a RA motor only. I would not guarantee that the motor would drive the scope with a camera mounted piggy back. To be honest, while I know the motor actually runs, I have never used it. First of all, for the RA motor to be useful, you must have reasonably perecise polar alignment, something I never bother with (the mount does have a polar alignment finder). Secondly, a very inconvienient feature of the motor is that, once it is engaged you can no longer manually adjust the RA. To manually adjust the RA you must disengage the motor. Thirdly, for the motor to track properly, the RA tension must be adjusted, another thing I never bothered to do. In summary, while I got a RA motor with the mount, I've only really used the scope in manual mode. I do have some pictures of the scope and sent you an email about them.

Lou Glorfeld

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.06 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:22 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

User Functions

Lost your password?

What's New

STORIES

No new stories

COMMENTS last 2 days

No new comments

LINKS last 2 weeks

No recent new links

Want It ALL?

Become a card-carrying member of AOAS. Paying dues gives you several advantages over other registered users, including a subscription to the club newsletter, an AOAS.ORG e-mail address, use of club materials, including books and telescopes, and access to the Coleman Observatory facilities. On top of all that, you also qualify for a 20% discount on all books at any Books-A-Million location.

To get your membership application, click here.