Login
New User

Welcome to AOAS.ORG
Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 05:15 am EDT

Forum Index > Observing > Solar System New Topic Post Reply
 Suitsat
 |  Printable Version
Anonymous: kc2iyh
 Tuesday, February 07 2006 @ 08:31 pm EST (Read 1544 times)  

I had Monday off and I ran the predictions for suitsat. ISS and HST and found that ISS and Suitsat were going to be almost dead above me. I turned on my scanner, tuned it tl 145.990 and launched my scanner recorder program and recorded some clicks from suitsat. I see tonight at 0238 local it will be within range again... good thing i can leave this thing running all night, maybe i will get some of the actual voice recordings of the message that is supposed to be repeating on it. Seems like it is staying very close to the ISS... anyone else hearing it?

Anonymous: TexasJagsFan
 Tuesday, February 07 2006 @ 11:12 pm EST  

I had heard a couple days ago that the suit had stopped transmitting signals, so I wasn't aware that it was still up there. I don't have a ham radio, so I can't listen.

Anonymous: kc2iyh
 Wednesday, February 08 2006 @ 06:41 pm EST  

Well, thats too bad and it explains the crazy clicks. You dont need a ham radio to listen. You can go to radio shack and get a scanner radio. You dont even need a top of the line radio either. I am a ham radio operator and I listen to the downlinks to NASA from ISS from time to time. When I lived in Houston, I could here them clearly every day. I wonder if anyone heard the greetings...

Content generated in: 0.03 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:15 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

User Functions

Lost your password?

What's New

STORIES

No new stories

COMMENTS last 2 days

No new comments

LINKS last 2 weeks

No recent new links

Want It ALL?

Become a card-carrying member of AOAS. Paying dues gives you several advantages over other registered users, including a subscription to the club newsletter, an AOAS.ORG e-mail address, use of club materials, including books and telescopes, and access to the Coleman Observatory facilities. On top of all that, you also qualify for a 20% discount on all books at any Books-A-Million location.

To get your membership application, click here.